Saturday 24 September 2011

An old favourite of mine :)

Ever heard 2pm's 'Follow Your Soul' anyone??? This song is still one of my ultimate favourites from the group even though it was released back in 2010. Now for a trip down memory lane~~~

The first time I heard the song, I knew I was hooked. The melody was sad and lonely but it was truly beautiful at the same time. I kept wondering to myself, "What kind of MV would suit this type of song???" as the music video was not released yet, so I was stuck imagining things like someone being separated from their loved one or some guy trying to get a girl he likes but inevitably fails.... yes my imagination kept making up things and sometimes it went too far~ hahaha

I think the main highlight of the song would be it's chorus. "Pick up my heart~~~~~~ Follow your soul"~~~~ It somehow made me feel the longing of a lonely heart wanting love and I seriously felt "wow such passion can be heard from this song!"

I also loved the piano opening and piano sounds at the background. It sort of gave this pleasant sweet feeling alongside the sad lyrics. The combination is superb because it did not mean that an entirely sad love song was created but it was a sweet gentle and sad love song instead. :) This little difference is crucial in creating dynamic love songs and 2pm has done it! Well done boys~

The music video's release made me super hyped but not much fans enjoyed it probably because they could not understand the girl's true role in the video. At first, I too had difficulty trying to understand why did they use the same girl to act as a girlfriend for all 6 boys. But it only hit me later that the 2pm boys were the girl's past boyfriends. Wow lucky girl if you asked me hahahahaa. I was not totally syched with the dance either. Sure it had some cute moves but it wasn't a strong 2pm choreography. Oh well, not every song must have a cool dance, plus the other sweet moments in the MV was enough to cover for it's weakness. 



I loved how each boy had a special way of treating their girlfriend. From gardening, to coffee house dates and also dance pratices together- all these are perfect bonding moments to have with your loved ones. Seeing these cute scenes made the song even sadder because it shows such a happy past that is only a memory to the girl. She has to move on and open her heart to someone new but she feels alone when she recalls all the wonderful memories together with her past lovers that she can never regain. 


  Some comments my friends gave when they saw the MV was:
Friend A: "Chansung looks greedy in the video~ Chan Chan ah don't eat the food before the girl does ya???"
hahahahaha true enough Chansung did look a tad bit hungry. But don't we love 2pm's maknae for that???

Friend B: "Did Khun BRUSH the girl's teeth???? She must be really ummm pathetic no????"
Well I personally feel that some couples do the extreme of things together. Brushing each others teeth may be one of them and I don't exactly find it wrong nor does it show any sense of patheticness in the girl. I mean, I think that it is really a sweet gesture that any boyfriend would want to brush his girlfriend's teeth (no matter how weird it may seem keekeeekee)



Friend C and D: "Is that JUNHO?!!!! AHHHHH SOOO freakin HOTTT!"
I could barely see my laptop screen with these two huddling a few mili-CENTIMETRES in front of my computer hahahaha. Yes, fans are very dedicated, enthusiastic and hyper people. :D

So there you are~ A special review of the past 2pm song 'Follow your soul.' Blogging about this is itching me to go listen and watch the MV~ So cheerio folks~ See you again next time on KPOPpa~

No comments:

Post a Comment